Travelling with tots? Our top tips for happy holidays with babies
A first trip away with a baby is a special and exciting time but there’s no denying it can be stressful as well. To lighten the load, we’re sharing our top tips for travelling with a baby.
- It’s almost impossible to travel ‘light’ when there are children involved, but try to pack only your essentials. You can buy nappies in most supermarkets in most countries and you don’t need to take every single favourite book with you. It’s useful to take some handwash detergent with you though – no escaping the laundry even on holiday!
- Take a stroller or travel system that is practical for a family on-the-move. Our Lite Way stroller is compact and light, but still offers comfort and protection for your little one. And our Urban travel system has a super compact fold with an integrated carry handle too.
- If you’re travelling by air, check in advance what additional items you can check in, including strollers, car seats and travel cots. Some airlines allow you to check in online so you can avoid long queues at the airport.
- Pack a small bag of your child’s favourite toys and books, alongside some new ones that can be discovered on your journey. Our Bilingual ABC range of toys are great to keep your child entertained in the car, whilst encouraging linguistic, cognitive and creative skills.
- Regardless of the laws in your destination, it’s really important to always use car seats when driving with children. Take one with you, or you can hire one when you hire a car from any car rental company.
- Take a travel highchair with you, as not all hotels, restaurants or self-catering places provide them. We have a handy booster seat that allows babies and toddlers to be a part of mealtimes. Pocket Snack is really easy to clean and folds up neatly with a carry strap.
- If your baby is over six months, make sure you protect their skin with sunscreen SPF 50+. If your little one hasn’t yet reached the six month milestone, her skin will be very delicate and you should avoid direct sunlight. Keep your children protected with a hat too to keep them cool.
- Pack a baby carrier to keep your hands free. Our You & Me carrier has been developed by a team of international ergonomic experts, offering both security and safety for baby but maximum comfort for the parent.
- Most importantly…have fun! It’s a special time for your little one and great for them to experience a new place. Relax and enjoy it with them!